Monday, September 3, 2018

Reflection on Richard Cory

When I memorized the poem "Richard cory" I started to think about it differently. I thought about why he might of killed himself and I thought about how the poem relates to my life today. It seems like I am very alike to richard cory because my parents expect a lot from me. I always have this pressure on me that I have to have at least A's if not B's but I can't get a grade lower than that. I relate to Richard cory on how he always had this perfect image because he was very smart,and all the people on town saw this,and  my whole family thinks that of me that I am smart. But that us not me I am just an optimistic person and try my best on what I am doing. Richard cory killed himself maybe because of all the pressure he had on maintaining that perfect image and I also have this image of a good student that every one in my family expects to be. Except I won't commit suicide because I think that's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Narrative essay

The first day of school I was ready to go to my English classroom which is my second period and I thought it was going to be like all the ot...